Company Survey's - Good, Bad &
2016 CROSSOVER EXPO – ORLANDO FLORIDA
Conference & Trade Show May 9th through May 12th
Fellow Pawn Fans and More
NOWHERE ELSE IN THE USA OR ANY COUNTRY PCG HAS A PRESENCE IN ARE WE SEEING SUCH AN EPIC LINE UP OF PROFESSIONALS PRESENTING SUCH A DIVERSE RANGE OF SUBJECT MATTER.
Our businesses are challenged on every front every day from ALL directions to try to maintain what we may have or had and continue to compete or out-compete the folks next door.
The Industry has more competition today from a wide range of areas from the Internet, big-box retailers, super-funded super groups, public money, regulators, banks, politicians, and the list just goes on and on.
Come listen and learn from the most diversified group of presentations presented anywhere today!
BRING YOUR DIAMONDS, HIGH END WATCHES, ESTATE JEWELRY PIECES AND MORE
“BUY-SELL-TRADE” ON LOCATION!
Information on several of our presenters is as follows:
PRESENTER – DAVID GELLER
David Geller is a 14th generation jeweler, having his roots traced back for over 500 years, from Atlanta, New York, Russia, Spain, France and England.
Starting at the age of 10 David worked summers in his father’s wholesale manufacturing jewelry company at the bench. Working afternoons through high school David’s bench experience increased.
In 1972 David worked for Neiman Marcus in Atlanta as their jeweler, another year with a jewelry design Studio he opened his own company Jewelry Artisans in 1974 as a trade shop. After a few years the trade accounts were dropped in favor of full retail. Over the years Jewelry Artisans became one of the main jewelry stores in Atlanta to come to for repair and design.
In January of 2000 David sold Jewelry Artisans to one of his top sales staff members after doing 1.8 million in sales with 75% of that coming from the shop.
Over the course of the years David had developed his pricing system for repairs and custom design which eventually turned into the Geller’s Blue Book for Repair and Design, now used in over 4000 jewelry stores across America, Canada, Great Britain, Guam, Australia and Italy.
David’s company JewelerProfit uses his background to help jewelers today make a very good profit from the shop while paying good wages. In addition he shows stores how to manage their inventory for the most money making capabilities.
PRESENTER – DR. DAVID BARKER
“BANK DISCONTINUANCE, FIAT CURRENCIES, GOLD, COMMODITIES AND THE GLOBAL ECONOMY – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW”
Dr. Barker spoke several years ago at our famed “International Pawn Symposium” in the Cayman Islands. From my perspective it was one of the most compelling and informational programs I have ever witnessed – Jerry Whitehead
Dr. Barker’s BIO:
Adjunct Professor of Economics, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago, 1997-2006.
Taught MBA level real estate course.
Lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Chicago, 2003-2006. Taught undergraduate level course in urban economics.
Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, 1991-1994. Developed econometric model to forecast problems at banks and to detect racial discrimination in mortgage lending for Federal Reserve System. Conducted and supervised research on a variety of topics.
Received President’s Award for Excellence.
University of Chicago, Ph.D. (Economics, Finance), 1991.
University of Chicago, M.A. (Economics), 1986.
University of California, Berkeley, B.A. (Economics, honors), 1984.
London School of Economics, General Course, 1983.
President, Barker Financial, 2010 – Present. Finances real estate and aviation projects in Iowa, Minnesota, and Illinois. Offers a variety of financial services, including commercial loans and demand notes.
President, BBR Oil, 2009-Present. Owns 10 convenience store/gas stations in Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas,
Oklahoma, and Colorado.
Farm owner, 2002-Present. 288 acre corn, soybean, and cattle farm near Morse, Iowa.
President, BBR Office, 1999-Present. Owns and manages office buildings in Iowa and Illinois.
Partner, Barker Apartments, 1987-Present. Owns and manages over 2,100 apartment units in Eastern Iowa.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Finance, Henry B. Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, 2004-Present. (also 1995-1998) Courses taught include Real Estate and Corporate Finance.
Consultant and Expert Witness, 1990 – present. Consultant and expert witness on projects related to land use regulation, real estate development litigation and land valuation.
“Slime Mold Cities.” Forthcoming, Environment and Planning, 2012.
Welcome to Free America, Raleigh:Lulu, 2011.
“Simultaneous Relationships Between Procedure Volume and Mortality: Do They Bias Studies of Mortality at Specialty Hospitals?” With Gary Rosenthal and Peter Cram. Health Economics, Vol. 20, May 2011, 505-518.
CROSSOVER EXPO PRESENTER UPDATES
Folks as indicated, this year’s presentation has 18 total high-level presentations that are going to be presented at this year’s show. No other event in the Pawn space today is presenting so much knowledge and skill under one venue.
The other line up of presenters are as follows and more detail coming on each of them:
- Jerry Whitehead – Founder of the Pawn Shop Consulting Group – Jerry will be delivering up a high level piece on current global trends in the industry today and what best customer service techniques you should be applying in your operations in real time to enhance the overall customer experience and your bottom line – a very custom piece created just for the EXPO attendees – a do not miss opportunity to hear it from the industry’s only globally recognized Pawn specific consultant.
- David Johns – Graduate of Univesity of Mississippi – Former HR director for Cash America and founder of Value Pawn one of the most successful multi-store chains in history – the finer points on attracting, recruiting, selecting and maintaining the best talent possible for your business and your bottom line – A do not miss opportunity to hear it up close and up front from one of the most informed individuals in his area of expertise, David will be joined with Marvin Kidwell, a fellow counselor and Psychologist – emphasis in personnel management
- Brad Huisken – Founder of IAS training, a high level sales and development trainer with decades of material and expertise. Brad is one of the most sought after educators in the space today, retail and pawn, another custom created presentation for the EXPO a presentation on the best points of sales and customer relationship management.
- Jamie Smith – Pawnbroker, author – Numismatics Specialist – A high level look at Numismatics, how and why you should be dealing in coins and bullion in your business to enhance your bottom line and attract new customers to your operation.
- Jack Brown – Mid States Refinery – AS an owner and operator of one of the nations’ largest metals refineries, Jack will be presenting the finer points of how the refining processes work including fire-assays along with high-lighting the new level of high quality fake bullion and precious metals circulating today.
- Harold Dambrot – Pawnbroker Master – Graduate Gemologist – Harold is one of the most outspoken and intelligent individuals in the industry today. His vast experience in the industry, diamonds, watches, bullion, operations, legislation and his outlook promises to be some of the best insight from some of the brightest minds this industry has ever seen, again, another do not miss opportunity to hear it from one of the industry’s own legends and brightest minds.
- Steve Mack – Bravo Systems – Steve is the founder of Bravo systems and was the founder of the famed Super-Pawn multi-store operation that was acquired a number of years ago and was one of the most successful pawn chains in history. Today his expertise is information management systems in a SaaS based environment. He will be demonstrating how seamless and easy it is to expand your products and services online to enhance revenues, growth, and bottom lines.
- Victor Guzman – Presto Ecom Systems – Victor will be doing a piece on technology and the importance of it in your business today from point of sale data management to online presence and digital marketing, an exciting piece from an industry leader in the technology space.
- Roberto Doering – Eyeson Surveillance and Monitoring Systems – Roberto will be doing a piece on how surveillance technology can not only protect assets and personnel, but monitor customer behavior, monitor transactional activity and more.
- Steven Moore – ButterMilk Media – Web designer and social media engineer, Steve’s piece will be on the necessity of instore and online security and the dangers of open-net in your business today, a piece on the new forefront of cyber security and more.
- Dan Laube – NXT Technologies – Online Marketing, how online marketing drives NEW business in your stores and increases market share and bottom line, efficiently and effectively – a DO NOT miss opportunity as well from an industry online provider.
- Tony Gallo – Sapphire Protection – Much of what you need to know about staying alert, safe, and secure in your business – pawn shops have become a desired target for criminal behavior on many levels, internally and externally.
- Woody Matthews – CPA – Accounting principles and your business, why good financial record housekeeping is so important for your business and new tax implications coming into place for you and your business as well, exploration of tax loop-holes and potential money saving techniques to consider – a high level look from an insiders perspective on better accounting and income tax management – Hugely beneficial piece presented only at the EXPO.
- Mark Lowers – Lowers & Associates – Risk mitigation specialists, Mark will be doing a piece combined on risk mitigation and current banking discontinuance issues and more.
- David Sigerson – Attorney / Lobbyist – Florida Pawnbrokers Association, David will be presenting topic matter on how legislators work, how you can effectively navigate in time of crisis and not in time of crisis to protect your rights to do business, status update on Florida legislative activities as well.
- Joshua Davis – FPA president – Pawnbroker – Status of the Industry and the Florida Pawnbrokers Association today.
For your investment of $199 we are offering up 18 high-level educational sessions with many of the best of the best with a comprehensive trade show production.
Event is being held at the Gaylord Hotel in Orlando, May 9th – 12th and PCG has procured a group rate of $169 per night at the host property.
A link to the hotel to get the promo rate for our event – early booking is a necessity, limited block of rooms!
Tentative Schedule for event is as follows:
GEMS – Set up of trade-show floor – Gilbert Exposition Management Services
Registration Noon – 4PM
Vendor set up / registration 9AM till 4PM
Seminars running concurrently all day 8AM to 6PM
Reception in Exhibit Hall 6:30 – 8:00PM
Breakfast all attendees 8 – 9AM
Exhibit Hall Grand opening 9AM – 6:00PM (lunch – exhibit hall noon till 1PM)
Seminar Session Break 2 Hours TBD
Reception in Exhibit Hall 4:30 – 6:00PM
Breakfast all attendees 8 – 9AM
Exhibit Hall 9AM – 4:00PM (lunch – exhibit hall noon till 1PM)
Seminar Session Break 2 Hours TBD
Vendor Tear Down (Post 4PM)
You may register for the event now with this link:
Feel free to register directly with the above links and book your hotel room through our hotel portal.
Respectfully – Jerry Whitehead
CROSSOVER EXPO, LLC.
Pawn Shop Consulting Group, Inc.
Jerry Whitehead – Consultant
CROSSOVER EXPO LLC.
8501 NW 77th Street
Tamarac, Florida 33321 USA