Virtual Pawn Shop Training is Here Our virtual
From the desk of Jerry Whitehead
Monday, March 12, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen in Pawnland!
I am happy to report that we have our second Executive Leadership Camp coming up this week in Orlando Florida.
We have a very interesting agenda at this camp along with a superb book – review as done by John Thedford and David Johns, two valuable guys with a long history in our beloved industry.
Our agenda for this camp will be as follows:
- March 14th – Attendees arrive from various destinations around the world
- March 15th – Breakfast 8:00 – 9:00AM TBD
- 9:00 – 9:45 AM – Jerry Whitehead – Camp updates along with information on PCG Exclusive Focus Groups and Pawn Symposium scheduled for September of 2012 in the Cayman Islands
- 9:45 – 11:00 AM – John Thedford – Customer – Loan – Buy – Standards
- 11:00 – Noon – David Johns – Contests to Enhance Profits & Goal Attainments
- Noon – 1:00PM – Luncheon
- 1:00 – 2:30PM – Jerry Whitehead – Customer Qualifying – Workshop centering on the importance of Customer Qualifying
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM – Intermission
- 3:00 – 4:30 PM – Brad Huisken – Pawnbroker Certification Program and more
- 4:30 – 5:00 PM – Jerry Whitehead – Attendee Feedback and informational program
- 5:00 PM Adjourn – Group Dinner – Ala Carte – Hotel – 6:30PM
- March 16th – Breakfast 8:00 – 9:00 AM – TBD
- 9:00 AM – Forward – John Thedford / David Johns – Book review – “First Break all the Rules”
- Noon – 1:00PM – Luncheon
- 1:30 PM – Book reviews continue till adjourn
The feedback we have had from our first camp has been exceptional. These events allow for a widely mixed group of folks from around the world to work together in workshop formats to improve their businesses and ultimately their lives and to network with our industry brothers and sisters.
We have the following dates for the remainder of the year for the rest of our Executive Leadership Camps for 2012.
I am happy to announce we have established our dates for our third Executive Leadership Camp for 2012. The dates for this event will be May 12th – 15th and will be hosted at the same property we hosted the January and March Camps that are coming up this week and that will be at the Orlando Marriott Airport Location.
Our dates for the upcoming Camps are as follows:
- May 12 – 15 – Camp III – Orlando Florida – Book portion “Smart Moves” by John Thedford
- July 8 – 10 – Camp IV – Location TBD – Book portion “Winning” by Jack Welch – more applications of strategy & management
- August 8 – 10 Camp V – Location TBD – Book portion “Effective Executive” by Peter Drucker
- October 11 – 13 Camp VI – Location TBD – Book portion – “6 Habits of Effective People” – self development program
- November 8 0 19 Camp VII – Location TBD – Book portion – TBD
Spaces are extremely limited to these events and sell out quickly.
We encourage all interested parties to get on the list(s) as quickly as possible.
For a recap, here is what the programs are about and just know they can benefit any level of operator.
Pawn Shop Consulting Group is in a very unique situation to provide introspect into our industry from a global basis today. We service more than 450+ clients in 37 countries around the world and as such can offer a very wide array of subject matter at each of our Leadership Camps. Each camp has a series of different topics to present per requests from each of the camps themselves along with topics that we feel are important in the operational worlds of our businesses.
- For the March camp week of the 14th – 16th PCG’s Jerry Whitehead will be doing our widely desired Customer Qualifying Program – Workshop centering on the importance of Customer Qualifying and the steps involved
There will be a litany of other material provided as well by Jerry Whitehead, John Thedford, David Johns and other worthy presenters.
The second half of these programs are the Book Camp type programs that the founders of the highly successful companies, Value Pawn and LaFamilia Pawn – John Thedford and David Johns have been perfecting over the past couple of decades in their operational worlds.
The camp in March book review and focus will be “First Break All the Rules” one of the most exciting books in this 8 part series we will be conducting this year.
Here is some info on the book and the authors:
The greatest managers in the world seem to have little in common. They differ in sex, age, and race. They employ vastly different styles and focus on different goals. Yet despite their differences, great managers share one common trait: They do not hesitate to break virtually every rule held sacred by conventional wisdom. They do not believe that, with enough training, a person can achieve anything he sets his mind to. They do not try to help people overcome their weaknesses. They consistently disregard the golden rule. And, yes, they even play favorites. This amazing book explains why.
Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman of the Gallup Organization present the remarkable findings of their massive in-depth study of great managers across a wide variety of situations. Some were in leadership positions. Others were front-line supervisors. Some were in Fortune 500 companies; others were key players in small, entrepreneurial companies. Whatever their situations, the managers who ultimately became the focus of Gallup’s research were invariably those who excelled at turning each employee’s talent into performance.
In today’s tight labor markets, companies compete to find and keep the best employees, using pay, benefits, promotions, and training. But these well-intentioned efforts often miss the mark. The front-line manager is the key to attracting and retaining talented employees. No matter how generous its pay or how renowned its training, the company that lacks great front-line managers will suffer.
Buckingham and Coffman explain how the best managers select an employee for talent rather than for skills or experience; how they set expectations for him or her — they define the right outcomes rather than the right steps; how they motivate people — they build on each person’s unique strengths rather than trying to fix his weaknesses; and, finally, how great managers develop people — they find the right fit for each person, not the next rung on the ladder. And perhaps most important, this research — which initially generated thousands of different survey questions on the subject of employee opinion — finally produced the twelve simple questions that work to distinguish the strongest departments of a company from all the rest. This book is the first to present this essential measuring stick and to prove the link between employee opinions and productivity, profit, customer satisfaction, and the rate of turnover.
There are vital performance and career lessons here for managers at every level, and, best of all, the book shows you how to apply them to your own situation.
The event pricing includes 3 nights at the target property, two full days of workshops with the masters and other invited guests, breakfast and lunch for two of the days and participation in all of the functions themselves.
Package price for these events are running at $2250 per attendee per room, additional attendees sharing initial room or staying off property are billed at $2050 per attendee.
We will be hosting our event once again at the:
Orlando Marriott Airport Location
We are recommending that you RSVP as soon as possible.
We are taking reservations for our upcoming camps, please contact us directly to get on the lists.
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED TO THESE FUNCTIONS FOR YOUR INFORMATION!
You may send your requests directly to:
Pawn Shop Consulting Group, Inc.
Click on our Social Media Links below