Hello Pawn Family, Just another quick update on
2016 CROSSOVER EXPO
Conference & Trade Show May 9th through May 12th
Today the Pawn industry and others are being challenged on every front from the banking sector, legislation, the economic changes and challenges, the decline of the gold revenues, the increased competition from well-funded super groups to the Internet and much more. Come see and witness and learn from some of the most informed folks in the industry today and beyond on how to maximize your chances to remain successful and enhance your bottom lines. The educational series will be unmatched anywhere today at this show in Florida.
Pawnshop Consulting Group is taking the best points of our now famous “International Pawn Symposiums” and blending them with a trade show aspect that will enhance the attendee experiences to new levels. We will be introducing other businesses and other business models and vendors for our consideration along with some of the best minds in the business world today and beyond to help maximize every opportunity that exists for you and your business today.
We have brought together the best of the best in the diamond buyers circle along with a number of other areas of opportunity for our attendees. Opportunities to sell your diamonds and other high-end goods in any quantity from the best and most consistent buyers of mixed diamond goods coupled with high end watches along with luxury handbags attendees may be willing to trade, sell or buy.
This show will be presenting a lineup of professionals with an educational series that will not be matched anywhere else in the targeted industries today. Your price of admission will provide total access to all of the educational series pieces along with access to the trade show to meet and greet up close and up front some of the best providers in our industries today.
The current lineup of vendors include: diamond buying and selling, Gold, watches, handbags, insurance, security, training, technology, online presence and marketing and more will be present, discussed and actively bought and sold at the event.
Highlights and Event Information
- PCG (Pawnshop Consulting Group) and the FPA (Florida Pawnbrokers Association) have teamed up to deliver a high-level educational trade show series in Orlando Florida
- Event is being held at the Gaylord Hotel in Orlando, May 9th – 12th and PCG has procured a group rate of $169 per night at the host property.
- A link to the hotel to get the promo rate for our event – early booking is a necessity, limited block of rooms!
- Fees for attending the show are only $199 per attendee and include all of the following:
- Attendance to all of the educational presentations 3 days
- Attendance to the trade show floor and all other related activities
- Representatives from the following industries will be present at the show:
- Diamonds and estate jewelry
- High-end watches
- Gold & Metals recycling and more
- Numismatics – coins and bullion and more
- Musical instruments
- Alternative Finance
- Secondhand dealers
- Luxury handbags
- Wholesale and inventory liquidation suppliers
- Insurance and Loss Prevention
- Online Presence, Marketing and Online Security
- Security Technologies
- Accounting with Legal and Business Professionals
- Host of other vendors and providers will be present as well
- Our educational series includes some of the brightest minds in the industry and from other areas of expertise the current lineup includes:
- Dr. David Barker – former economist for the Federal Reserve Bank of NY – talking points on currency, gold and the global economy and your future.
- Jerry Whitehead – Founder of the Pawnshop Consulting Group – Jerry will be delivering up a high level piece on current global trends in the industry today and what best customer service techniques you should be applying in your operations in real time to enhance the overall customer experience and your bottom line – a very custom piece created just for the EXPO attendees – a do not miss opportunity to hear it from the industry’s only globally recognized consultant.
- David Johns – former HR director for Cash America and founder of Value Pawn one of the most successful multi-store chains in history – the finer points on attracting, recruiting, selecting and maintaining the best talent possible for your business and your bottom line – A do not miss opportunity to hear it up close and up front from one of the most informed individuals in his area of expertise, David will be joined with Marvin Kidwell, a fellow counselor and Psychologist – emphasis in personnel management
- Brad Huisken – Founder of IAS training, a high level sales and development trainer with decades of material and expertise. Brad is one of the most sought after educators in the space today, retail and pawn, another custom created presentation for the EXPO a presentation on the best points of sales and customer relationship management.
- David Geller – Master Jeweler – Jewelry Repair Training – How to train staff on how to offer, sale, and price jewelry repairs and more – a growing segment in the service sector in the pawn and retail space.
- Jamie Smith – Pawnbroker, author – Numismatics Specialist – A high level look at Numismatics, how and why you should be dealing in coins and bullion in your business to enhance your bottom line and attract new customers to your operation.
- Jack Brown – Mid States Refinery – AS an owner and operator of one of the nations’ largest metals refineries, Jack will be high-lighting the new level of high quality fake bullion and precious metals circulating today. Jack has the ability to properly identify and help to educate our attendees on who and what to be on the look at for as the level of sophistication increases globally in producing high-level replicants designed to rob you!
- Harold Dambrot – Pawnbroker Master – Graduate Gemologist – Triple MBA – Harold is one of the most outspoken and intelligent individuals in the industry today. His vast experience in the industry, diamonds, watches, bullion, operations, legislation and his outlook promises to be some of the best insight from some of the brightest minds this industry has ever seen, again, another do not miss opportunity to hear it from one of the industry’s own legends and brightest minds.
- Victor Guzman – Presto Ecom Systems – Victor will be doing a piece on technology and the importance of it in your business today from point of sale data management to online presence and digital marketing, an exciting piece from an industry leader in the technology space.
- Steven Moore – ButterMilk Media – Web designer and social media engineer, Steve’s piece will be on the necessity of instore and online security and the dangers of open-net in your business today, a piece on the new forefront of cyber security and more.
- Dan Laube – NXT Technologies – Online Marketing, how online marketing drives NEW business in your stores and increases market share and bottom line, efficiently and effectively – a DO NOT miss opportunity as well from an industry online provider.
- Tony Gallo – Sapphire Protection – Much of what you need to know about staying alert, safe, and secure in your business – pawn shops have become a desired target for criminal behavior on many levels, internally and externally.
- Woody Matthews – CPA – Accounting principles and your business, why good financial record housekeeping is so important for your business and new tax implications coming into place for you and your business as well, exploration of tax loop-holes and potential money saving techniques to consider – a high level look from an insiders perspective on better accounting and income tax management – Hugely beneficial piece presented only at the EXPO.
- David Sigerson – Attorney / Lobbyist – Florida Pawnbrokers Association, David will be presenting topic matter on how legislators work, how you can effectively navigate in time of crisis and not in time of crisis to protect your rights to do business, status update on Florida legislative activities as well.
- Joshua Davis – FPA president – Pawnbroker – Status of the Industry and the Florida Pawnbrokers Association today.
More presenters will be aligned with us for the show this year!
Come support your industry, come and get educated up close and up front by some of the brightest minds in the industry and beyond, come share in the many takeaways that can benefit your business for a lifetime
Come help support our industries, our trade association, and meet and greet some of the leaders in the various spaces identified up close and up front!
As denoted in our earlier blogs PCG is gearing these productions up to be both – family and business friendly events. Orlando Florida offers a wide range of activity for the kids and families alike and remains the #1 destination spot in the world today. The venue provides access to the theme parks and much more in Central Florida and is centrally located.
Tentative Schedule for event is as follows:
GEMS – Set up of trade-show floor – Gilbert Exposition Management Services
Registration Noon – 4PM
Vendor set up / registration 9AM till 4PM
Seminars running concurrently all day 8AM to 6PM
Reception in Exhibit Hall 6:30 – 8:00PM
Breakfast all attendees 8 – 9AM
Exhibit Hall Grand opening 9AM – 6:00PM (lunch – exhibit hall noon till 1PM)
Seminar Session Break 2 Hours TBD
Reception in Exhibit Hall 4:30 – 6:00PM
Breakfast all attendees 8 – 9AM
Exhibit Hall 9AM – 4:00PM (lunch – exhibit hall noon till 1PM)
Seminar Session Break 2 Hours TBD
Vendor Tear Down (Post 4PM)
You may register for the event now with this link:
All attendees must sign and submit an event teems sheet – Attendee Terms Link:
Package Price for attendees is ONLY $199 per person and will include all activities of the event itself.
Feel free to register directly with the above links and book your hotel room through our hotel portal.
Respectfully – Jerry Whitehead
Pawnshop Consulting Group, Inc.
Jerry Whitehead – Consultant
CROSSOVER EXPO LLC
Pawnshop Consulting Group, Inc.
8501 NW 77th Street
Tamarac, Florida 33321 USA