Pawn Shops Early Indicators of Economic
Are you as a business owner or management interested in taking part of a revolutionary game-changing way to enhance your business acumen, the performance of your operation(s) and make more money while developing close, lifelong friends and relationships with others in your industry while studying their business models as well as yours up close and up front?
PCG is forming new groups now!
The Group participation provides a number of opportunities to gain knowledge from the collective of the groups in real time up close and up front. The PCG focus group we now is coming into it’s 5th year of activity and has more than 300 years of collective wisdom from the members in this group. This group currently has several available spots open for petitions to join.
Groups are geared to explore the brutal honesty of what you may be doing right, or wrong in the eyes of the collective.
Groups are limited to no more than 15 (store or company) members – This is to keep the groups tight and not overly burdened with too much participation.
Members can bring up to 4 members from each operation to the group meetings unless other arrangements have been made. Teams that are being critiqued, typically bring in all or most of their supervisory personnel when the live critiques are going on during our sessions that occur post the store tour aspects of group participation.
Members create lifelong relationships with other peer members which carry well beyond the focus group participation themselves. The network expands for all members and having the collective available for questions or concerns provides a wider range of access for all members and participants on real life day to day issues affecting you and or your business.
Groups meet two times a year in a member’s market area – typically spring and fall
The focus groups themselves primarily function as follows:
- Meet two times a year in member’s market area
- One-day store or store tours (Bus groups or other)
- One to two-day group sessions held in the member’s market area (hotel or conference center)
- Case Study of the member(s) store(s) and or market
- Operational critiques from the members provided on site
- Examination of Operators’ Best Practices
- Examination of the Financial Metrics – Key Performance Indicator analysis and more – see how you compare or are improving to others
- Personnel – Examination of the team, structure, performance and more
- Bonus & Compensation Systems – Examination of performance pay and other forms of acknowledgement or compensation
- Competitive Strengths or weaknesses
- Group Discussions and Other participants speaking and or presenting at group gatherings to constantly expand relevant subject matter for the benefit of the members of the group – Ideas, topics, and other matter presented at each group gathering for future meetings
All members sign a participation agreement, new member petitions must receive a 70% majority to vote to get into the group(s).
PCG protects ALL members and their respective market areas. (50 mile radius current protection rules in the members participation agreement)
Members must not be in competition, not planning on competing in member market areas, nor may members poach personnel or impede any member’s operations or market areas in anyway.
PCG charges an annual fee of 5K for the administrative duties required to produce and organize the group gatherings. Other fees for participation include the pro-rata share or expenses for producing each event at each gathering. This would be for the meeting spaces, travel for PCG, meals, buses and or transportation, guest speakers, or other related production charges. Typically, these expenses run about $500 per attendee per meeting.
PCG does organize all of the hotel spaces, meeting spaces, buses, schedules, guest speakers and or presenters, chairs all meetings, and agendas for each gathering that occurs twice a year.
AS indicated we are putting new groups together now, if you would like to be considered for joining one of our groups for a life changing activity for you and your business, contact me directly.
Once your market has been placed, no more participation within that market will be allowed to participate in the focus group that encompasses that market.
Jerry Whitehead – President
Pawn Shop Consulting Group, Inc.